Theatre History (North Riverside Luxury 6)
The North Riverside Luxury 6 is located on the upper level of the North Riverside Park Mall, over looking the food court in West suburban North Riverside. The theatre had 6 auditoriums with a total of 1729 seats. Originally opened in 1990 by Cineplex Odeon, the theatre had fallen on hard times. Mall management contacted Classic Cinemas whose specialty is giving new life to tired theatres and a deal was done.
Among the improvements made were a totally redone lobby with new box office, concession counters and self serve drink counter for free refills. An all new carpet and paint scheme throughout with colorful acoustical panels in each auditorium.
Completely redone restrooms which feature all new ceramic tile, solid surface counter tops with integral bowls and automatic faucets. Each restroom also features a baby changing station.
Upgraded projection systems give sharp clear pictures plus digital sound in all auditoriums. Also, featuring a special listening system for the hearing impaired.
Classic Cinemas’ newest location official opening was celebrated on December 12, 2008 with the tearing of the “Big Ticket” by North Riverside Mayor Richard Scheck, the Johnson Family and guests.
In spring of 2010 3D Projection was installed in 2 auditoriums!
On March 12, 2012 all auditoriums were updated with Enhanced 4K Digital Projection and 7.1 Digital Sound.
In October 2014, the North Riverside Luxury 6 added all new Luxury Recliners in all auditoriums.
Take a "Virtual Tour” of the North Riverside Mall Theatre (link will open a new browser window).